"  A Study made in search of my true self which deals with day-to-day things that leave their mark on me"

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Travel To Ancient Temple

Last month I have undergone many circumstances which made me learn many things I n my life
But also left a mark on me.
One of them is our culture, the rituals and our heritage.
I happen to visit my in-laws place in warangal and my husband also joined me by taking a week long holiday .
My husband never gets a chance to take such a long leave if at all he gets also he is given work from home option so there is no chance of going about so this time because of the recession we could go on a long holiday especially to those ancient temples .



Warangal is located in the Telangana region of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Warangal is 145 km northeast of the state capital of Hyderabad. Warangal is well known for granite quarries (notably the black and brown varieties), grain market for rice, chilies, cotton, and tobacco. Warangal is often called the gateway to south India owing to its well connected routes and transport system with the rest of the country
Capital of the erstwhile Kakatiya Dynasty in the 12th century, Warangal was previously known as Orugallu

The whole city is carved out of a single rock. Monuments displaying the talent and craftsmanship of the people of the Kakatiya Dynasty still stand today.


First day we have been to a very ancient temple which was on a hill.
It happen to be Shiva temple where the Shiva lingam is so big
We happen to speak to the priest who told us about the history of the temple.


The Shiva lingam belongs to the days of Ramayana and the pratisthapana was done by Sri Hanuman himself before the war started between sri ram and ravana .
And the important thing is we can see some marks on the lingam as if someone has hit it with their hand and knees

No comments: